Our technical resources
Our telephone platform consists of 210 workstations equipped with Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) systems that use the latest technologies (19-inch flat screens, V-PRO, GPO, etc.). Listening and screen viewing systems are used to monitor all workstations.
All data are processed and stored on HP ProLiant High Availability servers as well as on a virtualisation system that allows the rapid retrieval of calls in case of complications.
CSI uses Interviewer® software, which has multiple possibilities for questionnaire/script design and study monitoring and management.
- Up to 2,000 questions
- Option to use huge external tables (30,000 codes per table)
- Rotating/shuffling questions, groups of questions or elements within a question
- Option to retrieve data from previous interviews
- Calculate new factors that come into play via preliminary questioning
- Potential for intricate algorithms (date comparisons, calculation of intermediary factors based on a combination of a given number of previous responses)
- Graphical tree structure of questionnaire
- Simulation questionnaires for testing purposes
Study monitoring and management
- Management of incoming and outgoing calls (automatic dialing)
- Management of multiple callback criteria including callback frequency, time slots, attribution of calls to interviewers or groups of interviewers (complete management of calls, RV, etc.)
- Panel management: follow-up of responses in real time, from one round to another
- Randomized selection of call reports
- Exhaustive call disposition reports (engaged line, no answer, other), with publication of data
- Dynamic quota displays, crossed quotas, publication of graphics
- Management of over 800 quota groups in a single project
- Predictive Dialling (server-based call management) for optimal management of contacts and interviewer productivit
The advantages of Interviewer® software:
- Multi-language interviewing (factoring in time zones for calls)
- Distribution of audio files (Vox format)
- Publication of reports in real time (daily results, per interviewer, per time frame)
- Publication of cross tabulations (three factors possible) during study
- Coding (verbatim coding of open-ended questions in Excel format, verbatim coding tool with key-word search, coding during study)
- Various formats for data sets: txt, xml, spss, sas, dbf, Quantum
Our team of interviewers
Each of our 500 interviewers is trained to conduct interviews with respondents from all social and professional backgrounds: the general public, skilled tradesmen, retailers, self-employed professionals, companies, etc. They are closely monitored by 17 supervisors who organise work schedules, run follow-ups and ensure ongoing quality control.
Interviewer training includes:
- Across-the-board preliminary training in interviewing techniques: establishing contact, conducting interviews, respecting guidelines, rephrasing questions and being attentive to respondents
- Ongoing training to ensure consistently high quality of service. This training is designed to produce expert interviewers who specialise in high-stakes research in companies, among opinion leaders, doctors, or in studies on potentially delicate issues.
Our interviewers work exclusively for CSI:
- Weekdays, primarily for B2B studies
- Weekday evenings and Saturdays, for studies geared to the general public
CSI and CSA: close-knit collaboration
CSI and CSA's research departments in Paris are in constant contact via:
- Study briefs and debriefings of pilot phases via teleconference, with video (1 Mbps ADSL connection, ensuring image quality)
- A high-quality call monitoring system
- Consistent and constant status updates: from their work stations,research managers can get a progress report on any study at any time, consult frequency tables and cross tabs on captured data, and view the responses of open-ended questions in text form
- Data-sharing between CSI and CSA through a virtual private IP network. This secure and encrypted connection allows us to monitor studies in real time from start to finish.